Thursday, July 10, 2008

Darn Christi Rauth (for being too cute)!

Darn Christi Rauth (for being too cute)! Check out her blog: http://therauths.blogspot.com/ She's going to be the best wife/mommy ever.

Seriously, why am I not like that? I am very crafty too, but I haven't done anything in like 7 years. When we first got the house, we did a decent amount of decorating in the public areas (thank goodness Jon’s dad is an artist), but the other rooms I haven't done anything for. Seriously, there is nothing on the walls in my bedroom. Just a treadmill that is collecting dust since I got back from Vegas.......

I get home around 6-6:30 and play catch with Jon, walk the dogs, clean up around the house, feed the dogs, decide where to eat (because I haven't had the energy to cook and Jon's so picky), go eat, come home and it's almost 10. At this point I want to exercise, but I just ate and Jon wants to watch a movie, so we watch a movie and I put the dogs to bed. Now it's 12-12:30 and I know that I need to get to bed asap (realistically I’ll fall asleep around 1ish) so I can get up when Jon wakes me up (he needs a LOT less sleep than I do) since he's already been up for an hour and think I'm a lazy-butt. Oi vey.

I need like 4 more hours in a day to do the things I actually WANT to do, like: read, do more illustrations for my mom's book, make some jewelry, take a dance class, visit friends I've been neglecting, paint something...so many things. Doing these things I think would totally energize me. I’m an only child, I love doing stuff on my own and I have so much creativity pent up.

How do other people find the time for this? Maybe I need to cut something out of my night to make time! The only thing I can think of is the movie and that’s one of the main things Jon and I like to do together since he’s not into arts/crafts, exercise, or reading. I’ll have to think on this.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

okay, the geddes gathering is already a success. I didn't know you had a blog. Now I do! :) Love you Summ!

Betsy

Pattijean said...

Hi Summer,

I didn't know you had a blog either and now it starts to get exciting! Our lives are so busy and filled with the day-to-day things that sometimes bog (not Blog!)us down. I'm glad you are doing well and I'd love to see your art work. You've probably got Grandma Sylvia's lovely talent. The more you use it... Prayers and Best Wishes to the Krabbe family. Take a deep breath Jon and exhale - that's what I do. I hope Greta is doing well and that all the Krabbe family is healthy and happy.

Love You,
Aunt Patti

Christi said...

girlie, you are crazy! i've been bad about checking on blogs...you are so silly because you are an incredible wife and will be THE BEST mother! miss you, christi